Week 16 from The Colony, Texas "Week of Miracles"

Sister Allred & I at the temple

Zone trip to the Temple

Daysie, Sis Hansen and I :)

Daysie, Aimee, and Jeremy

Our dinner the other night was the best! Four kids that all treated us like celebrities and they made us a cake! I love being a missionary!

Temple trip with my Zone



Wow there's a lot to catch up on! 

We hit standards of excellence two weeks in a row which is super uncommon! Standards are the goals we have as a zone that we all strive to achieve. This was a huge accomplishment, but it was also really hard work. 

John is so incredible. He's like a third grandpa to me. He always says the best things like this past week he randomly said "I'm proud to be a Mormon." He's so awesome! We also sent his wife a card two days ago from John and us. In his part of the card he wrote "Darling, Now we can be expressing our love for each other in a beautiful new way. Sweetheart, for ever and ever, now and always. Love, Johnny" Melts my heart!

It was also Daysie's baptism on Saturday! Her grandparents came in from Pennsylvania and her Grandpa baptized her. Daysie wanted to sing "I am a Child of God" to everyone for her musical number. It was the cutest thing! It was incredible thinking if it weren't for missionary work she wouldn't even know that song let alone be baptized! It was an incredible day. 

We also got to go to the temple because our zone reached our baptismal goal for the month! We went as a zone and it was SO special. I really needed it at that time to help me with some answers I've been looking for. God has been so good to me. I feel so blessed. 

At this time, because of all of our success we are getting a lot of praise, but I want to let everyone know it hardly has anything to do with my companion and I. We are simply the conduits that allowed these miracles to happen. This is the Lord's work, and I feel so lucky to be a part of it firsthand. My favorite scripture this week is Alma 26:11-12 "..I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my Bod, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 

I just have to say, yesterday was just about the best fast Sunday I've ever had. TJ recently made a deal if I quit chocolate for 2 weeks, he'll quit sweet tea- the last thing he has to quit! He's given up tattoos, coffee, smoking, and sweet tea. None of us can believe it. He has no desire to do any of those things again. He also received a calling yesterday for the first time in 16 years and bore his testimony in front of everyone for the first time in 20 years. Also normally I wouldn't bring up baptisms that are a month or more away because a lot of them drop, but this girl we are teaching is solid. Her name is Kaycee and she is friends with a missionary in our ward who had to come home temporarily for some medical reasons. Her first Sunday visiting, we met her and she claimed to be atheist.  We've met with her a lot since then and she loves and accepts Jesus Christ as her Savior and is getting baptized November 16. Her heart and countenance have completely changed. She knows who she is and knows God loves her. She bore her testimony as well yesterday in front of everyone, announced her baptism via facebook AND the pulpit. One of her friends on facebook even asked if she could come to church with her. I love Kaycee! 

Well that's all I have time for today. 

God bless all ya'll and each ya'll. Stay strong out there!

Thank you for your prayers and letters of support. <3


Sister Dalling

My Address:
5008 Pemberton Ln. 
The Colony, TX 75056

No comments:

Post a Comment