New Area!: Plano, Texas

The one on the left is my new companion, Sister Greenall! 

NOTE: NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
8708 Clearsky Dr. Plano, Tx 75025 

September 2nd:
Hey Everyone :)

Yes, it was sooo hot this week but we have been working so hard. I think the hardest part for me is having enough energy to do what I need to do at home..like plan, unwind, etc. I didn't think it was possible to yawn while biking like crazy in the middle of the day. I could fall asleep riding that bike. I'm soo happy I've only partially fallen asleep in one lesson- haha. Every time I think I'm working hard, it just gets harder and I realize I never even knew what hard work was. I used to take naps sometimes during lunch, but if I let myself sleep, I go into that super deep sleep and can not get out of it. So! Luckily summer should be cooling down soon. 

Sister Greenall is so great. We have gotten so close this week. She is soo good at guitar! So we jam all the time :) Well..when we can!
We got a lot accomplished this week. We had a super good meeting with the Bishop of 8th ward. The work should move forward very soon! We did a missionary training for combined 3rd hour that went so well. We sang at sacrament too, so the wards just love us! I am loving it here in Plano. The members are the best.
GUESS WHAT? I met some cousins of ours! The Dallings live in our ward. They are so great, we already connected that we are family because of Sugar City, ID. So good to know I have family everywhere I go. 
We met with John Paul this week who is a ysa returning to activity. He is so great! Meeting with him really reminded me that we need to all work on ourselves line upon line. That's how the gospel works! I love the talk by Elder Scott- "I Have Given You an Example." Read it! It's so strange because even though we are in different zones, Elder Munday covers part of my area because of the ysa in Allen. I cover a bit of Allen so he actually found John Paul for us. We had a great fhe with them last night for Labor Day. 
One more new family I have to tell you about!  They are so awesome. The husband is not a member yet but he is so prepared. He recently went to SLC and did the tour there with his family as they dropped their daughter off for college. Even though he has known missionaries for years, he is so prepared now! He said the Spirit worked on him so strongly. So we are teaching him and he came to church to hear us sing! They are such a funny, amazing family. Being with them is just a blessing.

Well I have to go! Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! 
Love you so much,

Sister Dalling

"Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven and they forgive." President Uchtdorf

PS:
The Carrillo family is being baptized on Sept.13!!!!!!!!!! 
It's a miracle! I am so happy for them. That will be such an amazing day.
Also I can't figure out how to do pictures at this library so hold tight!

August 25th:
Hey everyone!!:)

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY, my love :) My goodness, I can't believe you are 8!!! This is such an exciting time in your life, and even though I'm not there physically, I am with you always. You're my little girl! My world would not be the same without you. I will always remember when you were born, and I was the first to hold you in my arms and sing to you [please see previous blog on a letter I wrote about Emily's birth]. A little baby girl stole my heart 8 years ago. I wrote you a birthday card so check the mail this week! 

So I've had an awesome week. Sister Greenall, my new companion is so great! I was nervous about back up training because sometimes trainers don't do the best job. But she is so amazing, she's like a sponge, wanting to learn more and more.  She is one of the best contacters I know now! She loves working hard, which is so great. We definitely get along. We both kind of go insane if we don't work hard, so putting us together is just awesome. I'm excited to see her be one of the best missionaries in this mission!

Plano is really slow right now.. People say when you're in Plano, you 'plan for 0'. Awful, I know!! We're gonna switch that around though. The members are just AMAZING. Member work is really key here, and they are so willing and ready. Covering two wards is a challenge. 6th Ward definitely has more going on then 8th. There's a ton of potential in both wards though, I'm excited.

6th Ward we are going to have a baptism on September 21st!!!! His name is Tyler Chappell. He's adorable. His dad is a returning member. Tyler is turning 9 this Thursday. I love him! He's so ready. Our lessons with him are great. 

I have to tell you about this one AMAZING sister in 6th ward, Sister Walker. She offered to come out with us last night, ended up staying with us for 3 hours. She felt a huge prompting to introduce us to her neighbors, then we visited several part-member, and less active members. We got so much done! She's such an inspiration because she was so nervous, especially with her neighbors but she followed the spirit and said she felt so much calmer after. She's been through so much in life, but you can truly tell that she listens and follows the spirit. And also the Briggmans invited their neighbors to dinner, we taught the restoration! We've been getting so many referrals and so much help from the members.

ALSO. I just got the news that the Lewis boys from The Colony are getting baptized Sept.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shomari Jr., Ethan, and Jayvin!!!!! I love those boys so much. I'm sooo happy. Miracles do happen! I'm so grateful hearts can soften and change. Wow! Same day as my precious Emily Joy!  Also John and Shirlene are most likely going to make it to the temple in October! John was very sick for a while, they weren't sure if he'd make it but he miraculously recovered. The missionaries there say he still talks about me all the time and reads my letters and shows our pictures to everyone. I will always love The Colony.

I'm looking forward to all the miracles we're going to see this transfer! And I've already been asked to sing at church next Sunday and at Stake Conference in September!! I sang at a baptism on Saturday!:) I love singing :)
I have such a testimony of prayer. Let me tell you! My Father loves me, He listens to me, He blesses me so much. "It is of great significance to me, that I may at any moment and in any circumstance approach through prayer the throne of grace, that my Heavenly Father will hear my petition, that my Advocate, Him who did no sin, whose blood was shed, will plead my cause." -Elder Christofferson

I really love my mission. All I want to do is to be used as a tool in His Hands. I've never felt happier, more at peace, than when I am doing the work of my Father in Heaven.  He knows me, and loves me. And I love Him! I also love my family SO much. "Families are the treasure of heaven." -Elder Anderson

I am a happy missionary! But I could still use a lot of prayers! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Dalling

I'll probably send pics next week! Sorry!

August 18th:
First of all:
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! I love you so much. I lost track of the years but I know it's over 20! I am so lucky to be your daughter. I love your love story, and I love how I'm a product of it. Thank you for finding each other, following the Spirit, and having an Eternal family. I miss you so much.

So I'm finally being transferred. Sister Reboquio is staying. Now that the time has come, I'm kind of stressed about leaving. God knows I need relationships with people, so He let's me stay in my areas forever, which makes it so hard to leave. Changing never gets easier. Leaving those I love just seems to get harder as I accumulate more people I love. I'm going to Plano 6&8, covering two wards, on a bike, back up training- which means my companion has only been out 6 weeks. This week is supposed to be 100+ all week.. I'm so tired from packing and cleaning and thinking about what's coming. I'm sprinting to the end, giving it all I can. I'm curious to find out what the Lord has in store for me in Plano!! Even though I know it will definitely be challenging, I'm ready and I will answer the call.

I don't have much time today because I still have so much to do! People to say bye to, stuff to pack.

Alisha was soooo sweet! She bought us clothes from Downeast. She even looked in the Book of Mormon and proved we had to accept gifts- haha. She is amazing, so giving. She even cried talking about her family who have passed on, they have their temple work done, and she knows they are just waiting for her. The veil is so thin around her!  So the ward is doing a fast in general for missionary work but I know many will be fasting for her.

All of our lessons this week were really filled with the Spirit. I almost cried in every one, even the dinner thoughts! I usually don't do that. But Sachse is such a sacred place to me. A place where I've really learned to let the Savior carry me.

I have some quotes I wanted to share:
"Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. He is the promised Messiah. He lived a perfect life and atoned for our sins. He will ever be at our side. He will fight our battles. He is our hope; He is our salvation; He is the way." -President Uchtdorf
"What an amazing source of power, of strength, and of comfort is available to each of us. He who knows us better than we know ourselves, He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask. We have the promise: 'Pray always and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good' D&C 90:24". -President Monson
"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness." -President Uchtdorf

I LOVE President Uchtdorf!! He is and always will be my celebrity crush haha in a very appropriate way. Love him.

Wish me luck this week! And please pray for me! Know I will try my best and will realllly try not to complain.

Love y'all!
Sissy Dalling

p.s. pics will be next week probably unless I get back on late! I forgot the memory card.
p.p.s. my address is 8708 Clearsky Dr. Plano, Tx 75025 living with members again!


No comments:

Post a Comment