2 Weeks!! (NEW ADDRESS)



12/1
Hey everyone!! 

This past week was just insane! So much change. This last transfer is definitely the hardest of all. But it's had its blessings for sure.

Thanksgiving was great! We went to Billy's mom's house. Billy is a recent convert in the Allen ysa and his parents aren't members. He's going on a mission beginning of next year so its a great opportunity to get to know his parents. The food was amazing of course! I tried jiblet....which is disgusting! It's basically all the organs of the turkey in a gravy.. bleh. But I had to try it! Oh Texas..

Other than that we've had some crazy changes! 
We are living in an apartment in Plano 7 ward and they gave us a car because its so far out of our area. 
Our new address is 1201 E Park Blvd Plano, TX 75074.

So sorry but I have to go! Might be able to get on later. I'll send an update in a letter.

Love y'all! I'll be home soon! 

Love,

Sister Dalling

11/24
Hey everyone!

I just love this holiday season. I have never been more ready to come home. It's like the worst roller coaster I've ever been on! One moment I'm so sad my  mission is ending but the next I am so ready to just be with my family. I can't explain it! But God is definitely preparing me in every way to go home.
This week was kind of a struggle! The last transfer of anyone's mission is so hard and now I understand. I jut want to give my all and work harder than I've ever worked but at the same time 18 months takes a big toll on your body and mind. I have never been so tired in my life. 

We met with Gloria and Paola and both lessons went very well! Gloria just needs time to accept that she needs to get baptized ;) She is so ready and prepared! Her whole family thought she was crazy for looking into Mormonism but she read them all the pamphlets and they all loved it! Really that happened! She told us she especially loved The Plan of Salvation. She had never heard it explained that way and just found so much hope and comfort through it. She is very strongly catholic though so it's going to be a journey for her. 

LaRon's situation breaks my heart. His mom has to move to another apartment possibly in Mckinney by the end of the month, but because LaRon isn't covered by the same welfare as her, he will likely be homeless.. This has been such an eye opener to me. The ward council is going to do their best to help them through this though. And a family offered to have them over for Thanksgiving! I just wish I could buy them a house and give them all the clothes and food they need! In fact I just wish the whole world could have that.. Growing up is hard.

I gave a talk in 6th ward. It was on gratitude! I am so thankful they asked me to speak on that. Gratitude in all circumstances is what carries us through. There is always something to be thankful for. I also thought it was very appropriate to speak on gratitude as sort of my farewell talk from Texas.. It was hard and I cried! 

Keep our housing situation in your prayers! We have to move out of the Ashursts by the week of Dec 1.. sooo next week! And we don't have a replacement home. Really ridiculous I know! The mission office said they might have to double transfer us out if there's no housing.. Really sad and scary! I would be so sad to be in a different area my last 2 weeks. But who am I to counsel God and His plan? At least as a missionary, I know He has control. It's a good opportunity to feel "Homeless, Homeless, like the Christ Child was." Love that music, brings back memories daddy!

"True gratitude is an act of faith and an expression of hope and testimony." -President Uchtdorf
"Find the compensatory blessings in your life when, in the wisdom of the Lord, He deprives you of something you very much want.. You will discover compensatory blessings when you willingly accept the will of the Lord and exercise faith in Him." -Elder Scott
Acts 21:13 What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
"Difficulties come into our lives, problems we do not anticipate and which we would never choose. None of us is immune. The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the most difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be." -President Monson
"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely.. Regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us." <3 President Uchtdorf

I love you all so much! 
I'm so grateful for each of you.
I love you Daddy! I love you Mom! I love you Katie! I love you Sara! I love you Jacob! I love you Emily! I love you Quinten! I love my Grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins. I love you Prince! Thank you for each being a part of my life and shaping my future.

Love,
Sister Dalling

No comments:

Post a Comment