ONE MORE MONTH! (news from Plano, Texas)

Sister Acton is my new companion!
Wow! I can't believe it. In exactly a month I'll be with my family again!!
This week I've had such mixed emotions about it though. This was probably the hardest week of my mission. Let me tell you!!

Sister Greenall got transferred to Dallas 6th ward. Sister Acton is my new companion! I love her already. We are working hard and really enjoying it. I am so thankful for companions because we suffer together. 
This week was the coldest week everrrr! It snowed last night and has been freezing in the 20s and 30s all week. I've  never had to ride a bike in the cold like this (except in college). It is the hardest thing ever! We put on a ton of layers, it is pretty funny. 3 tights/leggings, 3 shirts, a coat, gloves, a hat. I'm hoping to buy more boots today! I wear my one pair every day. 
Last night while tracting we both just looked at each other, laughed, and said we were crazy for Jesus Christ. Which is so true!! 
LaRon's baptism was so amazing!! His mom couldn't come.. but at a lesson afterwards he said when he came home his mom said he was literally glowing with the Spirit. He said his baptism made him feel so humble. I don't think I've met a more humble person! He is so happy and so accepting of what life throws at him. He is truly my Brother Brown! 
I got to sing at church again and I also sang at a mini music devotional at a members home. They invited their neighbors and it was awesome. My companion was really nervous to sing but it went well :)
I'm so happy I get to be with her and help her. She said she feels so good to be working hard and being obedient. She thanked me for helping her feel accomplished. I love my mission! 

Keep us in your prayers! Stay warm and loved!
Love,

Sister Dalling

Nov. 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!!

Wow, I can't believe I made it to my last transfer. And we still don't know if either one of us is getting transferred. President Taylor is changing things around and so we don't find out someone is leaving until Monday night, leave Tuesday morning, and at the meeting there you find out where you're going. Crazy, right?? They do it this way in other missions I've heard, but I'm so grateful this is my last transfer change. It stresses me out! I want Sister Greenall to stay to bad. I just love her. I've really enjoyed all my companions. I've learned so much from them and we've all become best friends.

We are having LaRon's baptism this Tuesday! We are so excited. He is so awesome. He reads the Book of Mormon every day and his prayers are just incredible. I've always wanted to have a baptism through tracting but I was never confident it would happen! 

Brother Restrepo is also doing very well. Wow I love their family. We had some amazing lessons with him this week. We taught the Plan of Salvation one night and invited President Hall from the Stake Presidency. Br Restrepo just loves him. When President Hall was bishop, he baptized Andrea when she turned 8. So ever since Sergio has always had a connection with him. He knows he'll be baptized eventually, so we are really focusing on getting him 'active' now so when he does decide to be baptized he'll already be living the lifestyle. It is incredible to see the change in their family as he's starting to really listen and open his heart to what we teach. 

We also had Sisters Conference this week. Super great! It was all about not beating ourselves up and loving ourselves more. They also talked a lot about seeing ourselves as God sees us, viewing our true beauty and potential. We as girls are so mean to ourselves! It makes me so sad. I was super touched by something they did as well. On a white board, we wrote down a trial or hardship that each sister or someone they knew was going through. Then one of the sisters was asked to say a prayer for every specific trial. We were all in tears of course. It really hit me when I thought of how awful all of the trials were and how hard it was for the one sister to pray for each one. It made me realize a little bit more of the reality and power of the Atonement. I love my Savior! 

We had a lot of fun on Saturday! We made a ton of cupcakes and pumpkin bread with the Edwards Family. They have 6 kids so it felt just like home. We put all the goodies in cute packages with Book of Mormons and passed them out to all their neighbors. It was so much better than tracting! People just took the Book of Mormon and didn't glare at us or slam the door or anything! It was like magic and the kids really enjoyed it too. 

On Sunday, I sang "I love Jesus Christ" (click here for youtube video) again with an elder in Plano 3rd ward. It was great! Joakim and Christelle actually came and gave us a ride. It was so much fun spending time with them. And we stayed and listened to the Chinese branch for a bit. The spirit was so strong there. 

Those are about it for the highlights! The weather wasn't too bad last week but it's supposed to get super cold this week. We'll get members to let you know if there's a transfer change! But I hope there isn't. I'll probably send a ton of pics in a bit. 

Love y'all!! 
Sissy Dalling

No comments:

Post a Comment